Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hello from Bismarck!

Well we are in Bismarck, ND now. I was able to sweet talk John into stopping early for the day. So we only went from Forsyth, MT to here. According to google maps we are a mere 1,708 miles from our goal. Or about another 4.5 days. That's if we can get 400 miles a day. So on our drive today we saw the World's Largest Holstein Cow (sorry Mom no pictures) and National Grasslands (boring) and a painted canyon which was very pretty. There was also something called the Enchanted Highway with metal sulptures, also suppose to be the largest in the world or something. Tons of places that would be really cool to stop at but just isn't happening. So it's almost 11pm and my body is wide awake. I'm tired and wishing that I could get to sleep, especially since tomorrow I know we have another long day ahead of us. So far Smaug has been doing really well with traveling he actually has stopped crying for the most part. Here he is in his favorite car riding spot - right between the girls. A fact that I thought was impressive. Parked outside of our hotel room last night was this very nice car - something that both John and I were drooling over, a Dodge Viper. In a go fast look at me red. The girls are learning how to swim. Slowly but we're making progress. Especially since today was the beginning of us trying to teach them how. Poor Gigi swallowed more water and scared me once when she slipped off my shoulders. But I'm really proud of her for not getting scared and wanting to get right back in. Oh yes and victory of victories I actually dunked John! Of course he's sitting here and saying that he let me do it but I know the truth. You can topple a giant - if you take away a leg first! Well that's all for now. Hopefully I'll be writing again tomorrow.

No comments: