Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Adaptability

That is what dinner was all about. As I am currently sans most of kitchen gear I had to be very creative with the way that I cooked dinner.
First searching the cupboards for dinner - chili sounds good but no such luck there's still no can opener. Trying again I happen upon a box of mac and cheese so we finally have a winner. Using my 8 x 8 Pyrex square I cooked the noodles in the microwave. Then next step drain the noodles - umm problem there I don't have a colander either.... Hmm I have a big slotted pancake turner that'll work. Using one of the ginormus plastic cups I scooped then strained the noodles into the cup so I could empty the the Pyrex. Ok so next step return noodles to dish and then add milk and butter. No measuring spoons - no problem I'll just guesstimate. And voila it's done. My creative way to try and have something different then a PBJ or cereal.
Thank you and sorry for everyone who got this far - it's not been the best of days and honestly being able to cook dinner was the highlight.

No comments: