Friday, May 01, 2009

The misadventures of a fieldtripping Mom

Today was finally the big day! The day the girls have been counting down for the day of the field trip. And we almost didn't even get to go. Gigi was low yellow on her asthma stop light action plan. So at school I did a bit of begging and we swapped and I was allowed to chaperon her as well Gwen with another girl (someone from their tball team whom they both love to pieces) so it was a definite win win. They got to be with their good friend and I got to keep an eye on Gigi and her asthma.

The information what we could hear of it was very good and informative. The girls actually learned things. I even learned something - I wasn't expecting to. Although I admit it was hard to hear over the "whisperings" of the class and then the various parents answering, hushing, or just telling them to behave or not to x, y or z.

It was another hot and humid day, really welcome to the south. What was I thinking??? I'm heat intolerant and I'm running around in the strawberry patch, on the tractor ride, eating lunch outside. It has taken me at least two days to recover from this. But you know at the end of it all I can honestly say it was worth it! Simply because my girls had a good time. And what more as a mom can you ask for? I do my best as parent to give them the most and do the best that I can. Sure I may complain later about it (especially when it makes me sick) but I think it's important I be there for them medical issues or not. How about some pictures now that you've listened to me whine.

No comments: