Monday, February 20, 2006

You knew you married a nuke for a reason


That was the comment my dear husband said to me when I asked him to refill the canaire's water. Silly me thought that this was going to be a simple matter of taking the dish to the frig and refilling it. My technical husband said he was going to improvise something to steam distill the water for the little guys. It did work sort of - we just need to make some adjustments to the whole tin foil apperaturs and I too will be able to distill water. We think that our Society Finches (Valient and Brownie) both of whom were previously thought to be male might actually be a pair. I tried to give them a a piece of seeded hay since I thought they may like it. Instead they carried it around trying to build a nest. So off John goes to Petco to buy a third cage and setup with nest for them. We'll see how this all turns out. I also found thanks to the yellowpages a store that is exclusive for birds and exotics. I can't wait to go - hopefully on wednesday. I would like to buy a female Canary for Frito - he just needs to tone down the singing a little bit. Then maybe get one for Cheeto at the same time, I feel bad that he's all by himself. He kinda looks a little lonely. Well that's all for now, I need to get ready to go.

No comments: